Pronounced - EE-oh-RAP-tor
Named By - Paul Sereno, Forster, Rogers and Monetta
When Named - 1993
||Length - 3 ft (1 m) long|
Height - 1 ft (30 cm) tall at the hips
Weight - ?
|WHEN IT LIVED:
||Late Triassic period, about 228 million years ago|
|WHERE IT LIVED:
||Fossils have been found in the Ischigualasto Formation, Valley of the Moon, Ischigualsto-Villa Union Basin,
in northwestern Argentina, South America.|
||Several almost complete skeletons have been found.|
- Kingdom Animalia (animals)
- Phylum Chordata (having a hollow nerve chord ending in a brain)
- Class Archosauria (diapsids with socket-set teeth, etc.)
- Order Saurischia - lizard-hipped dinosaurs
- Suborder Theropoda - bipedal carnivores
- Genus Eoraptor
- Species E. lunensis (type species named by Sereno, Forster, Rogers and Monetta, 1993)
|Eoraptor is one of the earliest known dinosaurs. Recently, even older dinosaurs have been found in Madagascar. Eoraptor was a small, lightly-built dinosaur that walked on two long legs. It had light, hollow bones, a long head with
dozens of small, sharp teeth, and five fingers on its grasping hands (two of the fingers on each hand were very small). |
||A detailed page on Eoraptor.
A coloring/information printout on Eoraptor.